WSR: #13: March 14th - 20th 2022
Passing GCIH, using open source tools, and webcasts!
Published: March 20, 2022
Reading Time: 1 minute
This Week’s Recap
- Bought my plane ticket to Wild West Hacking Fest (again… my other flight was canceled…)!
- Watched this fantastic talk by Randy Marchany about zero trust networks
- Watched Your Free and Open Source EDR Options
- Spent some time messing with Elastic security and was very impressed with how easy it was to get started with.
- Joined the SANS slack channel and have already found everyone in there SUPER inviting and helpful
- Set up Cacti in my home lab just to mess around with
- Spent some time reviewing GCIH material for my exam on Saturday and
- Watched John Hammond’s Hard Truths & Unexpected Realities: Cybersecurity Lamentations which was just a fantastic breath of fresh air.
- Found out Wild West Hackin Fest released a list of all the people speaking, very humbled to see my name on that list.
- Listened to @johnhammond and @seclilc’s discussion Career Conversations with seclilc - Offensive Cybersecurity!
- Passed my GCIH exam! A little upset I missed such an easy lab question but I’ll take a 95!
- Recorded a webcast with @DavidAlvesWeb which was super fun.
Have any questions
Do you have any questions? Feel free to reach out to me on twitter. See you next Sunday. :)