WSR: #15: March 28th - April 3rd 2022
Blackhat CFP, Python PoCs, and LaTex
Published: April 3, 2022
Reading Time: 2 minutes
This Week’s Recap
- Did a lot of messing around in python this week.
- Made this little demo program that will take a youtube URL as an argument, grab the title (using BeautifulSoup) and display it in a nice little table.
- Did some messing around with Rich which is a cool python library for making things pretty
- Next, I wanted to create something a little more practical so I started messing around with the AWS SDK for python (Which for some reason is called boto3)
- I realized I dislike working with cloud SDKs but technically I got a proof of concept working. Looks cool. Do not want to continue working on it though.
- I’ve been prepping for giving my first con talk by watching a TON of security talks. This one stands out as one of the best I’ve seen. Why Do Keynote Speakers Keep Suggesting That Improving Security Is Possible? by James Mickens
- Spent a few hours working on my upcoming talk at wild west hackin’ fest. At the very least this is going to be an entertaining talk. My current screen has 4 windows open.
superSmashBrosCharacterSelectScreen.png, an arrest warrant, a network diagram, and google slides. This is all relevant to my talk somehow.
- Realized I’ve been using
tldrmore than I’ve been using man pages.
Tldris essentially what I am always looking for from man pages. Basically just common command syntax.
- Also learned about cheat.sh from @_rybaz which is very similar to
tldrbut allows you to just use
- Rewrote my entire resume using LaTex. What a thrilling friday night. Also LaTex is amazing. Also I don’t understand LaTeX.
- Spent just about all day writing up a presentation for blackhat’s call for papers.
- Somehow all of the contents were deleted…
- Spent just about all day re-writing up a presentation for blackhat’s call for papers. Submitted it before it random disappeared again…
- Published this blog :)
Have any questions
Do you have any questions? Feel free to reach out to me on twitter. See you next Sunday. :)